Responding to Child Abuse: Advice from Child Molestors
April 19 @ 8:00 am - April 20 @ 4:30 pm CDT
Join Albion Fellows Bacon Center, the Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Department, and Prevent Child Abuse Vanderburgh County for this free training presented by Cory Jewell Jensen, M.S. This is a one day training. Participants can attend either Thursday, April 19th or Friday, April 20th. Registration begins at 8:00 AM. For more information, contact Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-422-9372. LETB’s and CEU’s are available
Did You Know?
Every 98 seconds an American is sexually assaulted.
- Every 8 minutes that victim is a child.
- 1 in 5 girls and 1 in 10 boys under the age of 18 will experience sexual abuse or assault at the hands of an adult.
- There were 2,658 cases of child sexual abuse in Indiana in 2014.
- Of sexual abuse cases reported to law enforcement, 93% of juvenile victims knew the perpetrator.
Cory Jewell Jensen, M.S. is the Co-Director of the Center for Behavioral Intervention in Braverton, Oregon. She has worked with adult sex offenders and their families for 35 years and provided training and/or consultation to the National Center for the Prosecution of Child Abuse, the National Child Advocacy Center, United States Navy, U.S. Marshall’s Office, NYPD Special Victims Unit and a number of law enforcement, child advocacy, and faith based organizations. Ms. Jensen served as Executive Director for the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers. She has published a number of articles related to sex offender treatment, risk management, and child abuse prevention, has testified as an expert witness in local and federal courts, and has been a featured guest on radio talk shows and the Oprah Winfrey Show.
Who Should Attend?
This training is geared to professionals and law enforcement at all levels of experience. Participants will learn the theories and tactics used by sex offenders and child molesters. Participants will learn how to best protect children from these offenders as well as better interview practices for these situations.
- Sex Offenders: What Judges, Attorneys, Investigators and Child Advocates Should Know
- Selection, Engagement and Seduction of Children and Adults by Child Molesters
- Protecting Our Children: “Advice from Child Molesters.” A Child Safety and Crime Prevention Program
- What Sex Offenders Can Teach Us About Interviewing